- Serves: 4; 1/2 cup per serving
- Vegetable oil spray
- 1 pound frozen unsweetened peach slices, thawed and halved, or 12 ounces peach slices and 4 ounces frozen unsweetened raspberries
- 1/3 cup dried sweetened cranberries
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons fresh orange juice or water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup uncooked quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons light tub margarine
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly spray a nonstick 8x4-inch loaf pan with vegetable oil spray.
In a medium bowl, stir together the peaches, cranberries, cornstarch, orange juice, and vanilla until the cornstarch is dissolved.
Pour the peach mixture into the pan.
In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients except the margarine. Using 2 knives, cut the margarine into the oat mixture until it has a coarse texture and the pieces are about the size of small peas. Sprinkle over the peach mixture.
Bake for 25 minutes, or until the peaches are tender. Remove from the oven.
Preheat the broiler. Broil the crumble for 3 to 4 minutes, or until the topping begins to brown. Remove from the broiler and let stand for about 30 minutes to allow the flavors to blend.
- Nutritional Analysis
- Per serving
- Calories Per Serving
- Total Fat
- 3.5 g
- Saturated Fat
- 0.0 g
- Trans Fat
- 0.0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat
- 1.0 g
- Monounsaturated Fat
- .5 g
- 0 mg
- 46 mg
- 38 g
- 4 g
- 26 g
- 2 g
1 fruit, 1 1/2 other carbohydrate, 1/2 fat
This recipe is reprinted with permission from American Heart Association No-Fad Diet: A Personal Plan for Healthy Weight Loss, Copyright © 2005 by the American Heart Association. Published by Clarkson Potter/Publishers, a division of Random House, Inc. Available from booksellers everywhere.