The Hudson City School District has a long history of supporting the American Heart Association and educating our kids about heart health and community service through Jump Rope for Heart and Hoops for Heart. Since 1991, the Hudson community has donated more than $430,000 to help fund life saving research and education.
- Cutting-edge research. Ongoing discovery of new treatments, technologies and preventions are vital to saving and changing lives. Since 2003 the American Heart Association has committed more than $76.2 million for research projects related to children.
- Keeping PE in schools. Volunteers and staff urge lawmakers at the federal and state levels to support quality physical education for all public school children through grade 12.
- Better nutrition in schools. We support national and state-level legislation so schools will offer healthier food choices to students and staff. Getting more fresh fruits and vegetables in schools will help reduce obesity, high blood pressure, diabetes, and other risk factors for heart disease and stroke.
- Fighting childhood obesity. Numerous national and community-based programs are educating children and families about the risks of obesity — and empowering them to take action against it.
- Teaching CPR in schools. CPR can be the difference between life and death for a loved one. We offer a number of courses and awareness programs to train middle school and high school students in CPR.
NEW! FOR 2012-2013
This year, our district is going paperless. So instead of the traditional Jump Rope for Heart and Hoops for Heart envelopes and parent letters being sent home with the students prior to the event – we will be communicating specific information about each school’s event on this website. So please check back often!
HUDSON HIGH SCHOOL - Red Out Event - Friday, February 8, 2013
MCDOWELL - Hoops for Heart - March 11 - 15, 2013
EVAMERE - Jump Rope for Heart - February 4 - 14, 2013
ELLSWORTH HILL - Jump Rope for Heart - February 4 - 14, 2013
RED OUT RESOURCES (coming soon)
Shelley Webber – Your local Youth Market Representative @ firstname.lastname@example.org