Volunteer with the American Heart Association!
Are you a heart attack, cardiac arrest or stroke survivor? Are you inspired to educate others about heart disease and stroke? Do you have a knack for planning events or fundraising? Or, are you eager to contribute to the health of your community? No matter what your story or your passion is we have an opportunity for you to volunteer! Volunteers play a vital role in accomplishing our mission to build healthier lives free of cardiovascular diseases and stroke.
Volunteer opportunities include:
- Helping at events such as Go Red For Women Luncheons, Heart Walk, and Heart Ball
- Sharing our lifesaving messages at health fairs and events
- Working in our office putting together mailings or materials
- Sharing Life’s Simple 7 messaging with alliances or by speaking to groups
- Joining an event planning committee to plan logistics or advance fundraising
- Advancing our mission and improve our community’s health and awareness through the Mission Ambassador Committee
- Reach out to your school to encourage participation in Jump Rope For Heart or other children’s initiatives
Sign up to become a volunteer!
If you are interested in volunteering for the American Heart Association, please fill out the volunteer application form and submit via mail, fax or email. We will add you to our database and send email announcements as volunteer opportunities arise. This is a great way to help out in a fun and flexible way.
Get to know the mission of the AHA and how we are engaging in our community by viewing this presentation .
• Health Fair Training Resources
For the most current volunteer opportunities please visit our blog.
For more information, contact Elly Henderson
Volunteer Opportunities in Other Areas
Thank you for volunteering!