Volunteer with the American Heart Association!
Are you a heart attack, cardiac arrest or stroke survivor? Are you inspired to educate others about heart disease and stroke? Do you have a knack for planning events or fundraising? Or, are you eager to contribute to the health of your community? No matter what your story or your passion is we have an opportunity for you to volunteer! Volunteers play a vital role in accomplishing our mission to build healthier lives free of cardiovascular diseases and stroke.
Volunteer opportunities include:
- Helping at events such as Go Red For Women Luncheons, Heart Walk, and Heart Ball
- Sharing our lifesaving messages at health fairs and events
- Working in our office putting together mailings or materials
- Sharing Life’s Simple 7 messaging with alliances or by speaking to groups
- Joining an event planning committee to plan logistics or advance fundraising.
- Sharing your passion for women’s heart health through the Go Red For Women Passion Committee
- Improving our community’s health by developing walking paths and increasing wellness initiatives in the Puget Sound through the Start! Mission Committee
- Reach out to your school to encourage participation in Jump Rope For Heart or other children’s initiatives
Become Our 2013 Stroke Ambassador!
Stroke Ambassadors are volunteer leaders committed to raising awareness about stroke. They are passionate about sharing their stories and knowledge with the goal of persuading members of their local communities to take control of their own health by pledging to:
- Understand and embrace the mission of the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association: “Building healthier lives, free of cardiovascular disease and stroke.”
- Raise awareness in the local community and through your own circle of influence
- Serve as a local face of the American Stroke Association
- Attend as many AHA/ASA events as you can in order to consistently shed light on the disease of Stroke
How do Stroke Ambassadors apply?
Anyone interested must complete and submit a copy of the application by the deadline of June 1, 2013. Applications must be submitted either typed in a Microsoft Word document and submitted via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to American Heart Association, ATTN: Stroke Ambassadors, 710 Second Avenue, Suite 900, Seattle WA 98104. All applications must be signed by the applicant being nominated.
Sign up to become a volunteer!
If you are interested in volunteering for the American Heart Association, please fill out the volunteer application form and submit via mail, fax or email. We will add you to our database and send email announcements as volunteer opportunities arise. This is a great way to help out in a fun and flexible way.
For more information, contact Margaret Schmidt
Volunteer Opportunities in Other Areas
Thank you for volunteering!