Henry Ford Health System
1 Ford Place, 3C51
Detroit, Michigan, 48202
Link to Map
Starts:Wed, 5 Dec 2012 6:00:00 PM
Ends:Wed, 5 Dec 2012 8:00:00 PM
Registration Fee:RSVP email@example.com or call (248) 936-5828
Join us for Dinner on Wednesday, December 5 to learn more about the Get To Goal, Take Control Hypertension Project.
African-Americans have the highest rates of hypertension in the world! Often referred to as the silent killer – millions of African-Americans have high blood pressure and are unaware of the problem. Help us to save lives by becoming a Volunteer Mentor who will help us motivate and encourage our participants to monitor their blood pressure a minimum of twice a month.
Volunteer Mentor Job Description:
- The Volunteer Health Mentor has special qualities and knows their communities well. They are dedicated to improving the health of their community, and enjoy teaching others, feel comfortable in front of a group, and know how to work with a group.
- The Volunteer Health Mentor is responsible for working with a group of participants in the Get To Goal, multicultural high blood pressure initiative.
- The Volunteer Health Mentor will communicate directly with each participant facilitating their success in the program including successfully uploading blood pressure readings, using the Heart 360 application and strengthening their commitment to the program. This communication may occur face to face, on the phone or through electronic communication, such as email.
- The Volunteer Health Mentor will also communicate directly with the American Heart Association program staff.
- Finally, the Volunteer Health Mentor may be asked to share best practices and challenges with other Volunteer Health Mentors.
- View detailed overview of the Detroit Hypertension Inititative
The Volunteer Health Mentor must:
- Participate in the Get To Goal training activities including webinars and local market opportunities
- Have access to a telephone, a computer and the internet
- Be a member of the community that is being served
To register for the Training Workshop event:
email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 248-936-5828.
More information on Heart360® Get To Goal, Take Control Hypertension Project Detroit