Minnesota Legislative Childhood Obesity Working Group
The working group has been meeting over the 2009 interim to examine and make recommendations that require legislative actions regarding a variety of strategies – within schools and communities – that will significantly reduce childhood obesity. The goal is for the group to make recommendations for legislation in 2010 and possibly future years to make real progress in tackling childhood obesity.
Efforts to Reduce Childhood Obesity
Childhood Obesity Working Group Final Recommendations 2010
Presentations delivered at the Oct. 30th working group meeting
A. Physical Education and Physical Activity in the Schools
- Mary Thissen-Milder PhD – MN Dept. of Education (download)
B. School Nutrition Policies/Action for Healthy Kids
C. Community Strategies/State Health Improvement Program (SHIP)
- Dr. Marc Manley M.D. – Blue Cross/Blue Shield (download)
- Teresa Rondeau-Ambroz – Dakota County Public Health
- Jodi Rohe – BLEND (Better Living Exercise & Nutrition Daily) download
- Cara McNulty – MN Dept. of Health (download)
- Julie Ring – MN Local Public Health Association
For further information, please contact Rachel Callanan, Senior Advocacy Director, 952-278-7915.