What is a Million Hearts Provider Champion?
By joining the Million Hearts initiative in Missouri as a provider champion, medical professionals agree to serve as an expert resource.
Provider Champion Flyer (PDF)
This role includes:
- Promote among your peers the use of aspirin therapy, blood pressure control, cholesterol management, quitting smoking and community smoke free policies (also known as the ABCS) for the prevention of heart attack and stroke.
- Serve on the Missouri Million Hearts® Advisory Council by participating, as your availability permits, in monthly conference calls, and by providing input through email exchanges.
- Participate in meetings to highlight your efforts to improve cardiac care in your communities, and lead initiatives to support your peers in achieving the Missouri Million Hearts® goals.
- Assist patients with their high blood pressure and cholesterol needs according to national clinical guidelines.
- Promote the Missouri Million Hearts® initiative with the public and patients.
- Other medical professionals interested in joining the Million Hearts initiative in Missouri as a physician champion are encouraged to contact Kris Kummerfeld with the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services at 573-522-2879. The Missouri Million Hearts presentation provides an in-depth look at the initiative and Missouri’s role.
What the Million Hearts Initiative Means for Stroke, Stroke 2012 (PDF)
Importance of NA Reduction, Circulation 2011 (PDF)
RETURN TO THE MISSOURI MILLION HEARTS INITIATIVE HOME