The American Heart Association in Las Vegas is hard at work to make an impact on your life by empowering you and your loved ones to live healthier lives and enjoy more peace of mind about heart disease and stroke, our
We are making your community healthier by advocating for key issues such as:
- Smoke-free public places
- More walkable and bikable streets, roads and parks
- Appropriate nutritional information on food labels to promote healthy choices
- Adequate, affordable and available health care for all
- Lowering the amount of calories consumed by your children at school
- Clean indoor air in public places, like bowling alleys, restaurants, pubs, workplaces, etc.
We are improving the quality of care for heart and stroke patients by:
- Training millions of Americans in CPR, advanced life support, AED (defibrillator) use and first aid; promoting AED placement in businesses and public places
- Improving emergency care for heart attack victims through our Mission: Lifeline community-based initiative
- Helping hospitals treat cardiac and stroke patients according to proven guidelines using our Get With The Guidelines® program
- Strengthening stroke systems of care, teaching the public to respond to warning signs, and providing resources for stroke survivors and caregivers
We are reaching at-risk populations through cause initiatives and online tools:
- Go Red For Women®: fighting the No. 1 health threat to women - heart disease
- Power To End Stroke®: reducing African Americans’ high risk of stroke
- My Heart. My Life.: a comprehensive health, wellness and fitness platform to help Americans improve their cardiovascular health
- Conozca Su Corazon (Search Your Heart): helping the Hispanic community make heart-healhty choices
- Juntos Contra El Derrame Cerebral (Together Against Stroke): reducing Latinos' risk of stroke
- Heart Hub: our patient portal (www.hearthub.org) has information, tools and resources about cardiovascular disease and stroke
Nationwide, we invest over $132 million a year ($3.3 billion since 1949) in heart and stroke research that has led to recent breakthroughs such as clot-busting drugs and drug-eluting stents. Healthcare providers learn about medical advances and new treatment guidelines though our journals, conferences and online courses.
Since 1924, we've been working in your area to better your health and your community.
Visit www.heart.org/wsaresearch to learn more.