Planned gifts allow you to combine your philanthropic goals with your financial needs and support the fight against heart disease and stroke — the No. 1 and No. 3 leading causes of death in America.
The American Heart Association can provide you with information regarding the following planned giving topics:
- Sample wording for including a bequest to the AHA in your will or trust.
- Sample wording for designating AHA as a beneficiary of your life insurance or retirement plan.
- Charitable gift annuities — Minimum of $5,000 gift that provides you with both a charitable income tax deduction and a lifetime income flow.
- Charitable remainder trusts — tax-wise method to avoid capital gains and provide you income.
- Donating stocks, bonds, mutual funds or other appreciated assets to the AHA.
- The Paul Dudley White Legacy Society — Recognizing those who have left a legacy with their planned gift to AHA.
Donating Stocks, Real Estate and Other Investment Securities
Your donation of stocks, bonds, mutual funds or appreciated real estate may entitle you to not only a charitable income tax deduction, but also allows you to avoid capital gains tax. These same assets can be used to fund life income planned gifts. For more information, please contact Andrew Fussner at 800-275-0448, ext. 8050.
Stock DTC Transfer Information
American Heart Association’s transfer agent:
Northern Trust Securities, Inc.
Attention: Connie Capco
DTC #: 0226
Account #: NT2-016039
Before making a transfer, please contact Andrew Fussner at 800-275-0448, ext. 8050, to alert the American Heart Association that a transfer is being made and to provide donor information for tax receipting purposes.
For estate settlement relating to deceased donors, contact:
Judith Deary, CLA, CFLA
Senior Bequest Administrator
P.O. Box 22035
St. Petersburg, FL 33742
Phone: 800-275-0448 ext. 8051
For assistance regarding including the AHA in your estate plan and tax-wise life income gifts, contact your regional Planned Giving Director listed below.
For inquiries from Alabama, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi or Tennessee:
Joseph (Joe) Starr, CFP
Vice President, Planned Giving
104 Camarado Lane
Hendersonville, TN 37075
Toll Free Voicemail (888) 722-0653 ext 1
For inquiries from Florida west coast:
Planned Giving Director
28441 Bonita Crossings Boulevard
Bonita Springs, FL 34135
For inquiries from Florida east coast:
Director, Charitable Estate Planning
2300 Centrepark West Drive
West Palm Beach, FL 33409
Other Important Information:
- Tax Identification Number: 13-5613797
- Legal Name: American Heart Association, Inc.
- National HQ Address: 7272 Greenville Avenue, Dallas, TX 75231