4000 Parnell Avenue
Fort Wayne, Indiana, 46805
Link to Map
Starts:Thu, 14 Nov 2013 10:00:00 AM
Ends:Thu, 14 Nov 2013 2:00:00 PM
Registration Fee:Sponsorships are available.
Wear "red" and join us at the Fort Wayne Go Red For Women Luncheon on Thursday, November 14th at Memorial Coliseum.
We are celebrating 10 years of Go Red For Women® - the American Heart Association’s national movement to end heart disease in women. We are committed to the fight, for as long as it takes.
Only one in five American women believe that heart disease is her greatest health threat. This unfortunate reality has a lot to do with why the statistics on women and heart disease are so unsettling:
- One out of three women dies from heart disease.
- Nearly 460,000 women every year die from heart disease, this is about one woman per minute
- Every year since 1984 more women than men have died of cardiovascular diseases.
- 43 million American women are currently living with Cardiovascular disease
- Cardiovascular disease kills more women than the next 4 leading causes of death including all cancers
Helping women overcome the challenges they face in achieving and maintaining good heart health is vital to the overall health of our community.
Fort Wayne Go Red For Women BetterU Challenge
Twenty Fort Wayne women will be selected for a 12-week Challenge program with tools, resources and support to make healthy changes in their lives. You'll hear some of the challenges they faced at the Luncheon. Download the application for the BetterU Challenge. Deadline to submit the application is July 21, 2013.
We greatly appreciate the generous support of all our sponsors, auction item donors and attendees.
Go Red and Go Red For Women are trademarks of AHA.
The Red Dress Design is a trademark of U.S. DHHS.
Mary Pat Leonard