Find out what is happening at your local American Heart area
Bobby Z’s 2nd Annual Benefit 2 Celebrate Life a huge success!
Bobby Z, the Grammy-Award winning former drummer for Prince and The Revolution, brought together a huge cast of characters for the 2nd Annual Benefit Concert at First Ave on March 9, including
A few event highlights include:
- Maya Rudolph and her friend Gretchen Lieberum doing a spot on hysterical Prince tribute
- local boy and runner up from The Voice Nicholas David who performed a soul-stirring rendition of “What’s Going On”
- local stars Stokley from Mint Condition
- Alexander O’Neal and Andre Cymone
- Dez Dickerson
- Dr. Fink from The Revolution returned this year
- Questlove also returned this year to back up Maya and Gretchen.
Bobby got all the artists to autograph a drum head, and it was on auction on ebay.
- The legendary First Ave was packed with 1,500 in attendance
- Hundreds enjoyed a special VIP experience with early entrance, food and commemorative photos.
- Bobby honored long-time volunteer and survivor Patty Peterson with the local Go Red, Community Health Impact Award
Event photos available at: http://americanheartmn.smugmug.com (select the: Benefit4Life2013 Gallery)
Join Bobby’s Heart Walk Team today!