136 East 3rd Street
Davenport, Iowa, 52801
Link to Map
Starts:Tue, 12 Nov 2013 10:30:00 AM
Ends:Tue, 12 Nov 2013 1:30:00 PM
Registration Fee:Sponsorship packages are available.
Wear "red" and join us at the Quad Cities Go Red For Women Luncheon on Tuesday, November 12th at The RiverCenter.
Go Red For Women® is the American Heart Association’s national movement to end heart disease in women. We are committed to the fight, for as long as it takes.
Each year cardiovascular disease claims the lives of over 930,000. While many consider heart disease to be a disease that primarily affects men, the truth is that for women, the statistics are as equally daunting. Because women are often busy caring for others, they can easily neglect their own health – and often do.
This unfortunate reality has a lot to do with why the statistics on women and heart disease are so unsettling:
- One out of three women dies from heart disease.
- Nearly 460,000 women every year die from heart disease, this is about one woman per minute
- Every year since 1984 more women than men have died of cardiovascular diseases.
- 43 million American women are currently living with Cardiovascular disease
- Cardiovascular disease kills more women than the next 4 leading causes of death including all cancers
All of the money that is raised through this event will be used to educate women on risk factors for heart disease and empower them with the information they need to take control of their health. Our desire is to give women the tools, in addition to the education, that they need to do something to assess their risk and live a healthier lifestyle.
More about the Quad Cities Go Red For Women Luncheon
Direct impacts of the Go Red For Women movement include:
- Nearly 90% of Women who Go Red have made at least one healthy behavior change.
- More than one-third have lost weight
- More than half have increased their exercise
- Six out of 10 have changed their diets
- More than 40% have checked their cholesterol levels
- 1/3 have talked to their doctor about developing heart health plans.
We greatly appreciate the generous support of all our sponsors, auction item donors and attendees.
Locally sponsored by
Go Red and Go Red For Women are trademarks of the American Heart Association.
The Red Dress Design is a trademark of D.H.H.S.