Where:PPG Place - Wintergarden
600 PPG Place
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, 15222
Link to Map
When:Starts:Wed, 4 Apr 2012 11:30:00 AM
Ends:Wed, 4 Apr 2012 1:30:00 PM
Take this opportunity to join us in downtown Pittsburgh at the PPG Place - Wintergarden on National Walking Day, Wednesday, April 4th for an event full of beneficial, healthy activities. National Walking Day is designed to promote heart health and physical activity within your workforce and the general public.
On National Walking Day, employers are encouraged to allow their workforce to wear their sneakers to work and take a 30 minute walk to promote a healthier lifestyle.
The following activities will be provided free of charge:
- Health screenings provided by UPMC
- Indoor warm-up & stretch provided by players of the Pittsburgh Power, Pittsburgh’s arena football team
- A lunch time indoor walk inspired by Leslie Sansone’s award-winning Walk at Home DVD series
If you cannot join us in town, organize an event at your office instead. Celebrating National Walking Day is free and easy. The American Heart Association can provide you with tips and materials to make the day a success:
- Start by signing up for your free Walking Tool Kit! This free tool kit includes posters, newsletters, healthy recipes, PowerPoint templates, and more on how to organize a walk on your company’s campus. To download this Free Tool Kit, log on to http://pages.heartemail.org/National%20Walking%20Day/
- Along with your wellness committee or insurance provider, host a Lunch & Learn program. During this program your employees can learn about the benefits of walking and why they should lead a hearthealthy lifestyle.
- If your company does not have its own walking path on site, find one nearby by visiting www.startwalkingnow.org. There are more than 300 walking paths already created around the city of Pittsburgh. Employees can find, track or create Walking Paths anytime, anywhere with the American Heart Association Walking Paths App for iPhone and Android.
- Employers can provide or encourage a heart healthy lunch in your cafeteria on National Walking Day to jumpstart your workforce in beginning their new heart healthy lifestyle. Visit the AHA Nutrition Center for ideas and recipes at www.heart.org/recipes.
For more information contact:
Heart Walk Team
Heart Walk Team